Quality coffee is an art.
In a way I see this shop as a pioneering experience. I've visited a lot of great third wave coffee shops around the country. All these big cities had great options. I wanted to bring this to my home town.
I started experimenting with different brews at my home, and I'd have my friends over to try it out. That's why I started Barber Bistro. For my friends.
The primary focus of the shoot centers around Noah. It will be his voice we here telling the story of Barber Bistro and why he started it. All the footage will be shot in the cafe and we'll never see Noah talking on camera. It will be an "interview" style voice over. I want to avoid sounding scripted. So we'll do an audio recording of Noah at a separate location.
The script above is just a point of reference. It's some of the things I think we need to get to, but it needs to be Noah's words. In our preinterview Noah mentioned three themes I want to hit. He said he wanted to make really good coffee for his friends and that's why he choose Evansville, his hometown. He also referred to the shop as a pioneering experience. A shop like Barber Bistro wasn't a part of the Evansville landscape prior to its genesis. And, he also mentioned producing really good coffee is an art. Of course all of this has to fit within a 60 second commercial spot. I know it can be done and I'm very confident in Noah's abilities since we had a great phone interview.
- Master Wide - Noah steaming milk - Dolly In
- Medium - Steam/Noah - Dolly in
- Close Up - Steam - Gimble
- Wide - Noah taking coffee to friend - Track (R to L)
- Medium - Friend reacting to Noah - Track (R to L)
- Macro - Milk into iced coffee
- Macro - Milk leaf on latte
- Macro - Ice/coffee poured into glass (bottom perspective)
- Macro - Steam
- Macro - Dripped coffee
- Medium - Montage of friends holding drinks in front of flag - Consistent framing
- Med/Wide - Noah working the tube coffee maker - Gimble (boom top to bottom)
- Wide - Iced coffee in foreground/customer walking in background - sticks
- Medium - Customers enjoying the space - Dolly in